We are always looking to grow our partnerships with local businesses, brands, companies, groups, etc. Connect with us today to begin a valuable and lasting partnership. We are a 501(c)3 and depend greatly on our local community and sponsors/partnerships to continue our mission.
We love to work with businesses that align with our mission. It’s a win-win, allowing us to promote each other, offer discounts/perks for adopters, and drive traffic to your business or service!
We love being creative with our partnerships, but here are some general ways we could partner:
- Host a donation jar or bin at your business—We can schedule a regular pick up at your location or make you a special donation drop spot for a set time.
- Host an adoption event at your business—We love getting our cats and dogs out for adoption events at local businesses. Please note this is hosted by volunteers so our availability is limited.
- Host a company work day—Coordinate a company work day where your staff can come volunteer as a group in our shelter. These work days often focus on clean-up and beautification of our walking trails or other outdoor projects.
- Purchase round-up–Set an amount of time where customers can round their purchases up to the nearest dollar with proceeds supporting our organization.
- Percent of sales (shop for a cause)—Designate a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your sales for a set period of time (or permanently) to be given to our organization.
- Project sponsorship—We always welcome sponsors for any of our large project wish list items, such as new kennels, epoxy floors, medical equipment, and more. Just reach out and let us know an area that you are passionate about supporting.
- Workplace giving—Recent surveys show that 86% of employees expect to become involved in charitable activities (such as workplace giving) through their place of employment. Employees who don’t take advantage of these programs say they don’t give because the causes they care about aren’t offered as a choice. Productivity increases by up to 13% when people are able to support the causes they care about. Support our work for animals through your workplace giving program!
- Kennel and adoption sponsorships—We always have kennel sponsorships and naming opportunities available for your business to get your name on something meaningful in the shelter. You can find many of these in our “Donate” tab, or you can contact us if you want to do something not listed.
- Food pantry sponsorship—Our pet food pantry is growing its impact and reach. In 2023, we will be expanding partnerships to supply pet food at local food pantries as well as host pick up days in our shelter. Every month of 2023 is an opportunity to sponsor the pantry operations with a $500 gift. During the month you choose to sponsor, your business will be highlighted on social media, stickers with your business logo will be placed on every food bag given, and we will visit your business with an adoptable pet!
- Event sponsorship—We have a variety of fundraiser events throughout the year that are made possible through event sponsorships. You sponsorship helps underwrite the costs of events so that all the funds raised can go directly to our mission. When you sponsor an event, there are unique recognition opportunities depending on the scale of the event and your sponsorship level. Reach out to us and we can send you our next event sponsorship opportunity.
- Matching gifts—Whether you choose to match your employees’ gifts or pledge a matching gift for community support, your impact is DOUBLED and your support makes others join you.
- Direct donations—A direct donation is the simplest way for both small and large companies to support our mission. Any company donation over $5,000 earns social media and print recognition in our next newsletter. We like to cater these recognitions to you, and highlight who you are and why you chose to support us in such a monumental way, so please include your contact information (email and phone number) so we can reach out.
Gifts may be made online at biglakehumane.org or checks can be mailed to:
Big Lake Humane Society
2640 Marquette Ave.
Muskegon, MI 49442